- the first one's on us
- The following is the maximum size and weight for carry-on baggage onboard SAS flights:
- Height: 55 cm/22"
- Width: 40 cm/16"
- Depth: 23 cm/9"
- Weight: 8 kg/18 lbs.
- Extra security checks on electronic devices will be carried out at departure gates for flights to the US from Stockholm & Copenhagen. Ensure that mobile telephones, tablets, laptops & other electronic devices are charged so that you can demonstrate that they operate normally. If they cannot operate normally, the case will be handed over to local police.
- If you are flying to the US or Asia in SAS Plus or SAS Business, you can bring two pieces of carry-on baggage onboard each weighing up to 8 kg/18 lbs.
- In addition to this allowance, all passengers are allowed to bring a handbag or small laptop bag onboard for free. (Height 40 cm/16", Width 30 cm/11.8", Depth 15 cm/ 5.9")
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 100 ml/3.38 oz. are not allowed.
- You can bring duty-free goods purchased outside of the EU when you are transferring to another flight at an EU airport. More about the new rules here.
- Goods purchased in duty-free areas to/from the US
More on duty-free to/from the US
Travel to the US
You can bring drinks purchased in duty-free areas onboard. Duty-free goods purchased in Stockholm or Copenhagen, including liquids, gels and spray bottles can be taken onboard even if you have a flight connection in the US. Read more here
Travel from the US
Duty-free goods, including liquids, gels and spray bottles are delivered at the aircraft.
- Some of our aircraft are small. If you fly on one, we may ask you to leave your carry-on bag at the door, where it will be checked in and returned to you when you leave the aircraft.
- There are certain things that you can't carry on board depending on your departure country & destination. More on prohibited items
Note: From Shanghai (Pudong Airport (PVG)), carry-on baggage maximum dimensions should not exceed 115 cm.
A small laptop bag