- for a healthier planet
For decades, SAS has worked with reducing its impact on the environment. Read more about our work here
The CO2 emissions that occur when flying can be compensated for with the help of established offset solutions. At SAS, we CO2-compensate all youth tickets as well as our own business trips.
Below you will find a CO2 offset calculator that can be used to calculate CO2 emissions, depending on your flight and the aircraft. The calculator also shows other greenhouse gas emissions.
If you click on “Buy offset”, we can also offer you CO2 offset solutions via our business partner, Natural Capital Partners (formerly known as The CarbonNeutral Company). Please note that you will be transferred to our partner’s website. By clicking on “Buy offset”, your money will be invested in energy projects which generate a compensation that equivalates to the amount of CO2 emissions calculated by the CO2 offset calculator.
Our CO2 offset portfolio at Natural Capital Partners is built on different energy projects that replace fossil fuel with renewable energy. Right now, we are working on being able to provide the option of upgrading all or part of a trip’s fuel consumption into bio fuel. This option will be launched shortly.
- Calculate each flight segment separately so the correct distance and effect of each segment are included in the calculation.
- For each segment, you can specify the number of one-way trips.
- Click "Calculate" to see how many kg of CO2 you emit.
- Click "Buy CO2 compensation" to see what it costs to compensate for your emissions. You will be redirected to Carbon Neutral's website, where the price is displayed.
- How to use the calculator:
- If you only want to calculate CO2 emissions, use the CO2 calculator. If you also want to calculate other emissions or choose the type of aircraft, use the advanced emissions calculator. The calculator includes many more airports than the ones SAS operates from.